01 09 10

08 July 2016

Five For Friday

This was my last week of curriculum planning and I started tutoring.  I have also started shopping for Back to school already!  I love school supplies!
My teacher tip of the week was for dry-erase markers.  Over the summer I hot glue poms to the ends of all my dry erase markers that I will use for the year.  It works out very nicely as an eraser and the students don't have to worry about having an eraser or losing it.
I do these over the summer to get them ready for the next school year.  I had so many my first year that I didn't know what to do with, so now I save the ones that the students bring in and I will use those as my markers for next year. Check out my Teacher Tip Tuesday#8 for how I distribute/use these markers in my classroom!

Tutoring has been a lot of fun. This is my first year tutoring over the summer and I am really enjoying it.  It is a break from school but not a break from teaching and the kids.

These are great resources for math.  I try to do a math journal activity every day with my students.  It can be used as a center activity or just a classroom activity to reinforce the lesson.  These are for all year and include activities for calendar, numbers to 100, patterns, fractions, addition and subtraction, problem solving, measurement, money, and time. You can also go to my TPT page and look at journal activities for each individual unit.


This awesome project actually happened the last week of school to promote our summer reading program, but I forgot to post it.  This was my first time painting on windows and it turned out AMAZING!!!!!  I had a lot of help from the staff but I could not be any happier with how it turned out! 


I have taken the time to plan our what I would like to post on my blog and in my store to try to be more organized and consistent with my postings.  Within this binder, I have a calendar section which I find most helpful, but I also have a section for: TPT stats, sales, blog ideas, TPT ideas, Teacher Tips, clip art index, TPT index, and  an idea planning section.  I started using this binder in February and it has come in handy when I have it with me to follow.  I now have also added it to my online calendar so I can be alerted to work on/post.  


2 comments:

  1. I love how your painted window came how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to paint it again for the school year!

    ReplyDelete