01 09 10

16 February 2016

March Writing Prompts

This pack includes 3 writing prompts that you can have your students write about in March.  Each prompt have a craft to go with it.  These really motivate my students to write neatly and put more on the paper when they get to do a craft with it.  The pack includes a writing prompt for Dr. Seuss' Birthday, Read Across America, and St. Patrick's Day.  Enjoy!
I will be having my students complete this one during Read Across America Week in honor of Dr. Seuss. I want the students to write about their favorite Dr. Seuss book/activity that we read/completed in class. I might also use it to have them write about what they learned about Dr. Seuss since we are learning about non fiction and how to gather data.
I am going to have my students complete this fun writing craft for St. Patrick's Day. We are going to be writing about why we are lucky and what is important to us. 
(I colored eyes, eyebrows, cheeks, and a mouth. I wanted my students to be able to change them  and make them their own if they wanted. I also took a pencil and curled the bear and hair.)

This is one of my favorite writing prompts I have my students completes. It doesn't have to be done in March. It could be done any time of the year, but because of Read Across America, I wanted to include this one in March. Having my students write about their favorite book and explain why they like it, or try to convince another student to read it is wonderful. The students get really into it and add a lot of details to this writing.  I will copy a few pages if they need to write more than what will fit on a page and staple them together.
(This is one of my new books from Scholastic-it is really cute and I can't wait to read it to my class.)

I also have monthly writing prompts and crafts for January and February. Check them out at my TPT store and enjoy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment