01 09 10

24 January 2016

February writing prompts

February is a busy month in first grade. The students have a lot of holidays to celebrate and look forward to.  Here are my writing prompts for February that my students will be working on.  The pack includes 5 writing prompts and crafts to go with each.

One writing is for dental health month. I always try to have a dentist or dental hygienist come in and talk to my students each year. 
Another is about making predictions for groundhog's day. Have the students write their predictions and explain why.
We celebrate the 100th day of school in February, and we have the students dress up like they are 100 years old. I have them also write about what they will do when they are 100.
We learn a lot in first grade. I have the students write down something they learned or found interesting so far this year. Because we are "smart cookies" I also make cookies to bring in for the class as a special treat. 

You can get the tag for these cookies here for free!


No comments:

Post a Comment