01 09 10

25 August 2015

Vowel Team Phonics Books

I have recently published my vowel team books to TPT.  You can pick them up in my store.  This pack includes books with vowel teams making the same sound (ex: ai and ay both make the long a sound)

This pack includes books for ai, ay, oa, ow, ee, ea, oi, oy, ue, and ew.  I made these so that my students could see that there are different ways of making the same sound.  In the books, it says that ai and ay make the a sound.

When reading these with my class I have them tell me where it is at in the word, so they see the pattern that most of them have.  ai is in the middle of a word and ay is at the end of the words.  This is not the case for all of these, but it is nice when you can point it out and the students can use it in their writing when they make the connection to spelling, reading, and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment