01 09 10

14 July 2015

Summer School

Summer school started yestrday and I have 12 incredible 2nd graders in my class.  For the last 2 years I have taught rising 1st graders, but this year I got the rising 2nd graders.  It is very interesting to see how much they loose over the summer (we have only been off for 2 weeks) and how much they have grown from the beginning of the year.

We have been working on addition and subtraction strategies for learning and recalling addition facts.  We have also been working on our reading (that is the main reason the students are in the program) and we have also touched a mit on writing.
I have incorporated my own bit of phonics into the day as well.  We only have 4 hours with the students and we need to include a lunch break, morning meeting, and dismissal in there too!  It has been a very nice 2 days of learning and fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment