01 09 10

16 July 2015

Spelling

I have created spelling lists to go along with my word sorts for each week.  I started this with my class last year and saw a HUGE improvement in my student's writing and reading.  Each week the students get 6 homework words and a word sort that they work on all week.  Each day they do a different activity to help them practice reading, writing, and spelling these words.  The spelling test is given on Friday and includes their 6 words and 3 words that go along with their word sort rule.  Because we have worked with these words so much in class, and at home, the students usually do a very nice job on the spelling test. If the students happen to miss a word, I call them to my table as a group and go over the words again.  Usually once I go over the words with them they see where they made a mistake and I have them fix it before they take it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment