01 09 10

29 March 2015

Digraph books

I created these digraph books to go along with our phonics lesson for the next few weeks.  The phonics goes along with their word sorts (words their way) and I decided to make these books for the students to practice reading and remember the rule with digraphs.  There are 5 in this set (sh, ch, th, ph, wh) that will take us 4 weeks to cover.  I introduce the rule with some examples on day 1.  On day 3 I read the book to the students and then the students read the book to me.  On day 4 we reread the book all together and the students have to write 4 words from the book in their journals.  On day 5, we have our spelling test, which is made up of their homework words for the week and 3 words from the book using the phonics rule and previous rules we have learned.

These books are very repetitive, but help the students memorize the rule and apply it to reading and writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment