01 09 10

18 February 2015

How to Build A Snowman

I love doing "How To" writings with my students.  It is one of my favorite things to teach because they are short and simple, but also take a lot of thought on how to write it.  Some of my students were having a hard time thinking of each step that it takes in order to do something.  I created this fun craftivity for How to build a snowman.  It was a lot easier for my students to complete because I gave them the pieces they needed in order to make the snowman, so they couldn't skip any of the steps.  I had my students "build" the snowman (glue it together) as they wrote each step on what they would do if they were making a real snowman outside.
I read them the story snowmen all year and then we did the writing how to build a snowman.  It was a lot of fun and then my students were able to share what they wrote and the other students had to think if it would work.



No comments:

Post a Comment