01 09 10

30 December 2015

Sight Word Activities

I have just posted 3 sight word activities that I use with my students every week.  You can get them for just $1 here.  Every week, my students are given 6 sight words for homework, and along with the homework packet, we also practice them in the classroom during reading.  I have my students do an activity each day to practice their words.
On Monday, the students get their words and copy them into their homework packet for morning work.  Then during reading they complete their "Read, Trace, Write, and Color" worksheet.

On Tuesday, the students get the ABC/color page to complete during reading.

On Wednesday, the students complete  the Type & Write page, where they type out each of their words first, then flip the page over and write the words two times each.

On Thursday, the students find their words in a Word Finds, and as they find each word, they write it on the lines provided.

Finally, on Friday, the students complete their Pyramid Writing page for each of their words.  This really helps them when they take their spelling test.


No comments:

Post a Comment