01 09 10

24 November 2015

Guided Reading Binder Setup

I have finally organized my guided reading binder to help me take running records and notes on my students in a way that works for me.  It took me 4 years to figure out what I liked and what I was comfortable with, but now I love my guided reading binder set up. I have different sections in my binder, but these are the main Paige's that I use to set up my binder. The rest of them came later when I decided I wanted to add them.
Paige 1: group organization

My groups change a few times through out the year and I wanted something that was easy to see and could be changeable.  This is the form that I use to see who belongs in each group. If I see a need for change within the groups, I get a new form and change them out.

Page 2: lesson plan form

I love this form because it allows me to write down exactly what I plan to do with my students and what the focus is for our meeting time.  It also has a place for who is in my group to take notes on each student if needed. It includes the book that we are working on and the level. The dat that I taught it, and the students in that group.

Page 3: running records

I also try to do at lease one running record per child per month.  This helps me to see what they are working on and if the level is too easy or too hard for the student. In my lesson plan, I will place an * next to a students name to let me know if I am going to do a running record on that student. 

I hope this helps you with you guided reading groups. You can get my Guided Reading Set Up for your binder here.

No comments:

Post a Comment