01 09 10

12 August 2016

Five For Friday


Teacher Tip Tuesday
This week's teacher tip was about hanging decorations/posters/resources on the walls in the classroom.  

I use packing tape and then hot glue the piece i want to hang on the wall so that it is easy to take down and the hot glue doesn't mess up whatever I'm hanging. Check out my Teach Tip Tuesday link for more information.

check out my newest FREEBIE in my TPT store.  This is a weekly to do list that can be used when planning out the following week.  Write down what to expect M-F and then everything you need to do to prepare for the week on the right side.  This is also part of my teacher binder that I am still working on, but hope to post soon.

This is a craft that I have my students complete the first week of school, to get them writing and tell me about their summer. They always turn out super cute and the it is the first thing that I will hang up on my student work wall.

One of our first units in math is number sense.  I created journal activities for my students to complete each day.  It gives them practice with the lesson, and allows them to use their journal as a resource to look back on later.
It covers numbers to 100 and place value.
Last year I implemented number talks into my morning meeting.  I really liked the placement of this in the morning and how the skill really helped the students understand number sense and later helped them with addition and subtraction.  

I have made the Kindergarten Number Talk dot cards and the First Grade Number Talks dot cards for you to use in your classroom.  They are already in order, all you have to do to print and cut.  Put them together by number and have the students first tell you what the number is and then how they got that number.,

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is interesting. I want to thank you for this great article. Thanks for sharing this :). If you are looking for a reliable and cheap clipping path service, please contact Photoclipout :)

    ReplyDelete